Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Annika's first race!

Last month Annika and I ran our first race together at the Color the Skies Festival put on for Children's Hospital in the Valley. I ran the 5K and then joined Annika in her first road race. She did great and was all smiles for the 1/4 mile race. We even got matching medals on pink ribbons! I had to re-start her a few times with the "on your mark, get set, go!" to keep her excited but she made it all the way to the finish line and has been "racing" with me after my morning runs ever since.







I learned that I am much tougher mentally in my "old age," but that my body doesn't necessarily agree that I am tougher. I won my first ever road race and then couldn't run for about a week and a half after that because I was so sore. As a result I went to my first Zumba class and realized that I am much more cut out for running or crossfit or really anything else for that matter...oh my, I'm glad they don't tape those classes.




No comments: