Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Swim lessons

Our friends Jeremy and Audi gifted us with swimming lessons for Annika this fall. Audi and I have been taking Harper and Annika to "Bubbles" swim school twice a week for the past 6 weeks. They have come so far and gotten so brave in the water...they know how to hold their breath under water and are learning to turn over onto their backs and float. Audi and I have had a blast watching the girls in their first "classroom" environment.
The girls got to ride in the boat and go down the slide during their last lesson. Annika pretty much wears a permanent smile on her face during the lessons. She doesn't like floating on her back, but other than that she does great in the water. When I was little I hated floating on my back as well. I remember throwing fits at my swim lessons because I didn't want to do it. However, a few years later when I was on the Ripon swim team the Backstroke was my favorite. I remember looking for those flags as a little girl and getting so excited knowing that I was almost done.
They put these little "wetsuits" on the girls to make them more buoyant. The suits make them look so grown up. Eric and Jeremy got to come to the girls' last lesson. You could tell that the girls loved having their daddies there. They were showing off a little more than they normally do...lots of giggles...

No comments: