Thursday, July 28, 2011

How did this happen?!

All of a sudden we have an 8 1/2 month old scootin around the house and Eric and I just keep looking at each other saying how did she get so big? We laugh at how we eagerly waited for Annika to reach each and every milestone during her first year and Audrey just surprises us with her new tricks. As we established in the last post,  two and half is not so much my favorite age so we are lucky to have Audrey such a tender age right now as we ride the roller coaster of 2 with her big sister (which by the way I now understand why 2 year olds and teenagers are often compared. I am not proud of the number of times I have  said "stop it" and "knock it off" in the past couple of months...but I digress...) Anyway, 8 months is a tender age.  Audrey can scoot herself around the house now and get her hands on everything she is curious about. She surprises me by tugging on my dress while I'm cooking or sitting in the chair reading. She greats us with big smiles and slobbery kisses. She absolutely lights up when she sees her mommy and daddy, but especially when she sees her big sister. Audrey has two sharp little teeth and another coming in, she uses those little teeth to eat anything and everything I set in front of her...the girl loves to eat...makes a "mmm...mmm" sound the entire time she's eating.

 When we moved into this house and set up this white-board for Annika to play with I remember thinking that she was so big...almost a year. She was only 10 1/2 months...just two months older than Audrey...again...how did this happen?!



 This series of pictures is what typically happens with Audrey these days. The girl just has to have her hands on everything. I took this last picture just before she tried to eat the lens.
 The triplets

Sometimes Audrey gets a little overwhelmed by all the attention her cousins give her. She needs to be toughened up a bit.
 Loving her food
 Big smiles with daddy
Again eating...happy little girl.

Audrey you are a joy. We are having so much fun watching you grow and change and develop. But slow down a bit, would ya please????

1 comment:

Lyndsay said...

Poor Audrey, her cousins are a bit overwhelming....what can I say?